Healthy and unhealthy relationships: How to spot the signs
- Briefly introduce the importance of recognizing the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships in the context of a university experience.
- The article will cover identifying unhealthy relationships, building self-esteem, and promoting healthier connections.
Identifying Unhealthy Relationships
- Explain that unhealthy relationships come in various forms, including physical, emotional, and financial.
- Discuss the challenges of recognizing these signs, as they may not always involve physical abuse.
- Introduce the “5 types of abuse” graphic to illustrate different forms of abuse.
Starting with Yourself
- Emphasize the importance of building self-esteem and self-worth to protect against unhealthy relationships.
- Encourage daily affirmations as a practical way to boost self-confidence.
- Mention the “Self Care Sunday Affirmations” as an example.
Building Healthy Relationships
- Discuss the process of building healthy relationships.
- Present the “Hot Air Balloon” activity to help readers identify supportive individuals and those who may be negative influences.
- Encourage readers to reflect on their time with different people and how it aligns with their values.
Signs of Unhealthy Relationships
- Provide insights into recognizing signs of unhealthy relationships.
- Suggest tracking one’s feelings before, during, and after spending time with someone.
- Present the “signs of abuse” graphic to help readers understand common warning signs.
Taking Action: Keeping Yourself Safe
- Explain the importance of seeking help and support in unhealthy relationships.
- Offer advice on who to confide in, such as friends, family, or trusted individuals.
- Mention the availability of resources like TalkCampus and local helplines.
- Tease the upcoming launch of Consent Collective TV.
- Guide how to support friends or acquaintances who may be in unhealthy relationships.
- Emphasize the importance of non-judgmental listening and creating a safe space for them to share their experiences.
- Summarize the key takeaways from the article.
- Reinforce the idea that recognizing and addressing unhealthy relationships is crucial for well-being during the university experience.
- Include links to relevant resources, such as TalkCampus and Consent Collective TV.